*WEDNESDAY MAY 12th and SATURDAY MAY 15th
Autumn months are perfect for indigenous species to be planted. Autumn months offer the ideal temperature for tubestock plants to settle in. It is not too hot like summer and not too cool like winter. So while it may not look like much is happening with your tubestock plant, all of the activity is going on below the surface as the root system gets settled and expands. This means that come Spring, the plant has great access to water and nutrients and is feeling secure in its forever home – ready to make the most of the spring sunshine as soon as the weather starts to warm up.
Our Autumn OPEN DAYS have limited species as we mostly grow to order. However, we have some stock remaining from our propagation season that will be available on the day.
Come along to the Nursery at the State Coal Mine in Wonthaggi and enjoy a light lunch and a coffee if that takes your fancy at the Cafe.
- Cash & EFTPOS – Please bring some coins if you are paying by cash)
- First come, first served basis – we are unable to take orders for these open days.
- Dates: Wednesday May 12th and Saturday May 15th
- Location: At the WSBN Nursery (Wonthaggi State Coal Mine) – you can park in the Cafe carpark & follow the signs (a short walk) to the Nursery.
- Time: 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Tubestock only @ $1.65 per tube inc GST – come along with your basket & browse our tables!
*COVID CARE: Our day will follow all of the usual protocols for community safety (masks & distancing). Visit our Facebook page for any last minute Open Day updates.
If you come along to our OPEN DAY and miss out on an indigenous plant species that you are keen on, consider placing a regular Order for the 2022 season.
Thank you from the team at WSBN.